Here are some genuine reasons why IT professionals leave the comforts of USA, UK and return to India:
1. Culture - Because most cannot relate to the western culture
2. Tradition - Because the traditional roots belong here in India
3. People - Because near and dear ones are missed
5. Climate - Because USA and UK have extreme climate in few places
6. Children - Because as children grow up we realize the values that our country brings in
7. Politics, Bollywood, Cricket - Who wants to miss the real fun?
On a lighter note, here are some real reasons why IT professionals return to India
- You get the best panipuri here in India, not in US. Also, the spicy water here is to die for which you cannot find anyone else in the world. (Panipuri = Watery Indian bread with Spicy water)
- After purchasing a movie ticket, you don't have to stand in queue to enter the damn cinema hall coz you have a seat# on the ticket.
- You can play cricket and football anywhere, I mean anywhere you want to. You don't necessarily have to go to a park or a ground.
- You don't need to get in a car and drive a mile to buy grocery or milk. Your 7 year old and run across the street and get it for you.
- If India wins a major cricket tournament you can just pick up your bike and go to the city center(ghantaghar) to celebrate.
- You get immense opportunities to experience the Joy of Bargaining.
- You have Jugaad(workaround/ fix) for almost every other problem on this planet.
- Last but not the least, because you were born here, were raised here, you belong here -> You owe it to your motherland. Period.